Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Dave & Chris,

this is really great stuff, wow.

A very good write, perfectly arranged and what you can do as a team is amazing: Fantastic vocals (remind me a bit (but just a bit!) on the early Christine Perfect (later Christine McVie)and when the intro started I thought: 'Yeah, finally someone remembers the Zombies.

Chris, you sure know how to express yurself in a Blues song (and write one, too) and Dave - you know that I really love your stylish playing. And for someone who never got the tone out of his guitars that really satisfied him (me, unfortunately) I'm always stunned by yours.

Simply marvellous!

Cheers,

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Yes, I remember Christine McVie from the band Chicken Shack, pretty good blues band. The Zombies! I certainly didn't have them in mind when I did this one. But, I listened to them a lot back in the day.

Thanks very much for your generous review, I appreciate it smile

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Dave & Chris,

If you folks have ever posted a less-than-stellar production, I've never heard it. I seriously doubt you ever have.

This is just so danged good in so many ways. The lyric borders on haunting and the lead guitar just screams the Blues. And Chris has such a great voice. Everything about this is A-1 in my book. Nothing but great sounds here!

Wishing you both everything good.

Alan

Always great to hear from you, Alan, I know how limited your time is at the moment.

Thanks as always for your support!

Best to you and Di.

Originally Posted By: bluage
'Blue Attitude' & Ms. Spruit...

Here's To You is so 'blue' that it made me feel like the sun had gone down in the middle of the day. 'Blue Attitude', man, you sure know how to 'talk the talk' and 'walk the walk' with that 'ax' of yours. It's the sound of empty streets, of long shadows thrown on crumbling walls, of people who are lost to each other.

Ms. Spruit, you voiced those troubling lyrics as though it was the last time you would sing them. There is a burden, a weight of finality, of something coming to an unpleasant end in the lyrics. I believe you communicated the despair inherent in the lyrics as though you were coming apart, but trying so desperately to hide it. Your performance was augmented by the faint, ghostly-sounding filaments of vocal harmony that fell here and there around your vocal.

This is so atmospheric, it's scary. It's the 'blues', cool, and hot, but all at the same time.

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')

Your reviews are always so well written! Makes me wonder if you are a professional writer or an English teacher?

Thanks for the listen and comments!

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave & Chris,
Listened last week and thought you guys have raised the bar again- absolutely everything gels on this...actually I think you might have changed the guitar track volume since then- anyhow, its all stellar; perhaps the best vocal I`ve heard from Chris among the accolades already posted that I especially agree with.

Robert

Hi Robert,

No, I haven't made any changes to the original mix that I posted. Maybe you first heard it on soundcloud? Sounds very different over there compared to reverbnation.

Thanks very much!