Hi everybody,

no big back story this time...

The song was inspired by a great funk tune Will-Josef came up with here on the Forum a couple of months ago, which made me think ‘Yeah, why not having a go at another Funk song...?

So I asked Funky Fritz (you may remember him from ‘Gimme Your Dough’, posted here last year), if he was ready for another round, and, yes, he was.

So here’s AIN’T GOT TIME and in case you think that the silly cartoon style video doesn’t really fit the music - well, you’re probably right. But making it was huge fun (as well as a challenge).

Please forgive me that pathetic skit on my musical lighthouse in the seventies, Wolfman Jack. (BTW: The chocolate sauce thing is taken from one of his original radio shows).

My special thanks go to two couples you know very well and who gave me their generous permission (and thus the great honor !) to use their images in the video. Who that is? Just wait and see...

As usual Maha, who is still far from being recovered, did all the sound jobs - she said that this was a pretty tricky thing to mix, and she really spent some time on it. But I think it has paid off and that she did very well again - where would I be without her (in all aspects!)?

We both would be very happy if you enjoyed the song and the video.

Thanks for listening and watching and all the best to all of you,

Stefan

Video (w/ lyrics)

Audio (w/ lyrics)

Audio (on Soundcloud)

The musical department:

Started with this RealSytly: _LASHOUT.STY (Lash Out Modern Funk Quartet)

Kept the following RealTracks:

- ModernFunkOffbeatKickSput^1-a:S, b:Rd
- RT 3249:Guitar, Electric, Background ModernFunkSingleNotesBob Ev16 110
- RT 3251:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm ModFunk1NoteMark Ev16 110
- RT 2623:Piano, Electric, Rhythm FunkSwing16 Sw16 085

Didn’t use the following RealTracks

- MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2653:Organ, Rhythm Funk Ev 100
- RT 3112:Bass, Electric FunkOffbeatAlex Ev16 110

added the following ReaklTracks:

- RT1433:Bass, Electric, JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110
- RT1438:Piano, Electric, Soloist JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110
-(partly) RealDrums-JazzFunkGroovin^1-HHSdStk,HHSnr (1)

Horns:
Big Fish Vintage Horns, arranged as MIDI files in the Piano Roll Window

DAW:
Maha edited and finished the song in RealBand, using the following VST plug-ins: PGMusic Dynamics, PGMusic Reverb, EasyQ Parametric EQ, and mastered the song with Ozone8.