Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Must be nice running on Linux. You don't have to worry about disabling malware checkers.
I wouldn't know. This laptop uses Windows 7 and it appears me and a bunch of other laggards will shortly (January 20, 2020) be "upgrading" to Windows 10. I must admit I'm not looking forward to upgrarding at all.

While I admit Windows 10 is likely faster and more secure than Windows 7 two practices make me reluctant to update. One is the practice of major, build labeled updates resetting my preference settings back to default. The second is Microsoft considering a build out-of-date or obsolete 18 months after the release date.

Generally speaking it takes me anywhere from three to six months to get an operating system tweaked enough that it works the way I want it to. With the two practices above in place Windows management will be a constant task and irritant. I already feel the operating system requires too much maintenance, attention and is too intrusive. To me, the ideal computer operating system should be out of sight and out of mind. It should just work.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home