Just like some Apple users have workarounds to use Windows software programs on an Apple platform there are workarounds to use Windows software programs on the Linux operating system. In fact in some cases even hardware drivers can be used.

Another music forum I belonged to (today, Nov. 1 the forum moved to Facebook so my membership is now past tense)has numerous members with computers that use a Linux operating system. They constantly post about experiments they try so I had a good overview about what works and don't work.

Just like there are multiple ways to get Windows stuff to work on Apple and some ways work better than others the same holds true for Linux. There are numerous distributions of Linux and Linux with Wine seems to be the most friendly to music applications.

As with many things computer Linux has some geek element to it. Considering that I was just mouthing off in my last posting about the maintenance, care and attention Windows requires rest assured I've no desire to "geek out" with Linux.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home