My main (but not only) problem is that I have a dual video interface (high performance when running on AC and low power interface when running on battery) that auto switches. I bought the computer right when ATI Radeon became rebranded as AMD Radeon (which is the high performance driver) along with an Intel video interface for the lower power. And a year or so later, Windows 8 was released. Neither ATI/AMD nor Intel released new drivers, and HP flat out stated on their web site that they would not be providing updated drivers for Windows 8 (which also carried over into Windows 10), even though the laptop was only a little over a year old at the time.

There were a lot of folks unhappy at the time. There was even a developer in Russia who tried to create his own version of the dual driver, which worked for some models, but not for mine. I spent months trying to get Windows 8 to work properly on the machine. I later loaded Windows 10 when it came out (the free upgrade), but discovered similar issues with the video drivers as I had with Windows 8.

So when I load Windows 10, I get a somewhat new AMD driver, but it's not the right one and continuously has issues that force reboots, and in on case, I had to completely reload the OS. Similarly, I don't have a new driver for the HDMI interface as well.

HP's stated solution was, hey just spend another $1000 or so for a new machine.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com