Deej, I live in London and this was a beautiful homage to the city I've called home for over 25 years now. The busy-ness of the musical texture, with the trumpet intervention (which I love), paint well - for me - an image of the busy-ness of London. The lyrics are beautiful and wistful ... yes, "home is where love leads you after all ..." - indeed ... I know that well, too.

Each time you post something on here, I'm always curious to hear what it is - and, so far at least (haha), you haven't ever disappointed my high expectations :-) I don't know why you'd think this "labor" of yours is "perhaps not so successful", as you state above ... for me, although - at first glance - it seems to be very different from your other output, it actually isn't so much (in my view at least) ... it's a beautiful, nostalgic, wistful love song, both to the one that the singer in the song misses and to London - a beautiful, faithful, detailed depiction of, and homage to, this frustrating, beautiful, annoying, crazy but unmissable city.

"Home is where love leads you after all". Yes! Thank you so much for posting this up - as I said above, as a Londoner, it speaks to me perhaps that little bit extra, but - regardless of that - I think it's (if in a slightly understated way, which is a positive for me) a very successful song. Great job - pleasure to listen. :-)

P.S. just listening a second time now. Wanted to just add this: this "showcases", for want of a better word, your ability as a composer, first and foremost. It's not about the voice, about the emotion, about the delivery - this is about the SONG here. It's a slightly different song in the way that it's written, etc., perhaps, than the others I've heard you sing and create - but, my word, it's at least as successful. You are a musician, a real one, and it's a privilege to listen - thank you.

Last edited by musician17; 11/08/19 11:26 PM.