This isn't really a BiaB problem as much as it's most likely an issue between my PC running Win7 and my Marshall CODE amp, which has a USB connection.

Everything started out fine. My CODE is supposedly fully USB compliant, thus Marshall does not supply a USB driver for its CODE amps. When I first hooked up the amp, the computer made the USB noise, then installed a driver for the amp. CODE showed up in Windows "Sound" dialog, or whatever it's called, as one of the choices for recording, which is what I wanted.

I first used the amp to record audio with some BiaB tunes I was working on. It worked fine -- at first. Then, suddenly, the volume was greatly reduced. I couldn't find a reason for this, so what I did was just turn up the amp's gain and boost the recorded signal in BiaB. That worked okay. But then, the volume fell off again. And this time the signal was barely evident.

So, I went to the Sound dialog and looked around. I noticed that my sound card was shown as the default recording device, so I changed it to the CODE, figuring I could always change it back to my card when I was finished using the amp.

I tried recording again, and this time I got flat lines. No signal at all. So I went back to the Sound dialog, and in a moment of what appears to be stupidity now, but seemed like a good thing to do at the time, I disabled the CODE amp in the recording section. But instead of showing the amp, but disabled, the amp disappeared from the available devices.

I booted the Device Manager and looked in the sound devices, and found that the CODE was listed and it showed that it was active and working normally.

At this point I was thoroughly stumped, so I googled the topic and found a thread over at the Marshall forum on this topic. One respondent recommended that the original poster shut down his PC and unplug it from the wall, then reboot. So I did this. I even shut down the CODE amp and unplugged the USB cable at both ends. I powered everything back up and reconnected the amp. But this time the PC didn't make the USB noise when I plugged the amp in. I tried two other USB ports and it wasn't recognized on either of those ports either. The Sound dialog still shows no CODE and now the Device Manager shows no CODE also. And of course, BiaB doesn't either.

So it appears that somehow my PC has decided not to recognize my amp anymore. So now I'm wondering if there is any way to reset Win7's USB section so that it will recognize my amp again. I don't know how to do this. I don't even know if it is possible. But I've tried everything I know to do. And before you ask, yes, I tried ASIO and I tried ASIO4All and they don't see the CODE either.

Any ideas?

Last edited by cooltouch; 11/09/19 09:33 PM.