Originally Posted By: floyd jane

Have at it.

fj

Mr. Jane:

"Have at it." "Have at"...what ???!!! What could anyone "have at" this song of yours, Take The Pain Away ???

I deliberately, intentionally, purposely, never, ever read other listener's comments on a Users' Forum member's song post, because I do not want anybody else's thoughts and opinions to influence my own. But in this case, because your song rendered me literally speechless upon listening to it for the first time, I abandoned the above-stated rule and chose a statement by another listener, "robertkc", to fill in for my temporary loss of words:

"The band and build of this edge-of-darkness song is a thing of beauty..."

Obviously, you are one of the most prolific songwriters on the forum, and if being prolific could offer anything to other songwriters that they could use to sharpen their craft, then Take The Pain Away would be an outstanding, peerless example of how staying on a steady path while working towards a goal -- songwriting, in this case -- will eventually lead that hard-working, midnight-oil-burning songwriter to produce songs that are, as 'robertkc' illuminated, things of beauty.

The brevity of the song's duration only serves to point out the economy of expression you employed in the song's construction. The lyrics go straight to the bleeding heart of the drama in the song, as swift and as unrelenting as heartbreak causes tears to flow from the eyes of the one whose heart has been shattered. The PAIN described by the title is as immediately felt as a knife wound. You're not playing around, here, Mister. Not. At. All. The suffering is so real that even a person who had not experienced such hurt could feel it simply because of the empathy that the words and the music plant in the listener's heart.

Those Real Tracks you selected were waiting for you to put them in a song in which they could reveal their power as musical accompaniment for your anguished lyrics.

It would be too easy for me to say that this song 'is one of your best', but I believe that would be the wrong thing for me to say, and only because, as far i'm concerned, you've been producing your 'best' for as long as I've participated in this forum.

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".