Oh come on! You can't make me pick a favorite child! Oh...wait, you're not asking me to. Thank God. I listened to both versions; and loved them both. Sometimes I wonder how the same song can be done similarly and still have it's own strong identity. I'll mark it up to great artists...even behind the mixing board. wink

Now, these will be comments for the song the OP posted. (And trying not to write a book here.)

This treatment of this song manages to keep ALL of the authenticity of classic country. Yet, also, sounds current because of the mixing. It's so brilliantly clean, spacious AND warm. Also, it's a nice crisp mix with plenty of warmth. And it's warm too. wink

The piano...wow! Perfection! Perfectly placed, perfectly mixed, and all around perfect choice, in M.O.

And what am I forgetting? Yeah right! Those vocals are stellar! As. Always. Even though I know her voice, I didn't envision it sounding THAT good. I'm not sure if I'm giving praise or digging a hole here. What I'm trying to say is, this is up there with the greats in my book.

One little thing to think about. Written in 1998 by FJ. Recorded by FJ in 2013? 2019, it seems he FINALLY trusts you to record it. wink Completely kidding of course. As great as you two are, I think he would have let you record it in 1998. smile

Not surprisingly, a great job from all involved! Thank you for sharing this. It was a treat for the ears and soul.

Last edited by HearToLearn; 11/15/19 03:01 AM.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.