I really am not sure where to start. I know for a FACT, I am going to leave something out.

1st off-This is my favorite song from you. That's been said a lot, but I have a specific reason for it. I absolutely love your songs that are built with a story. You are a master of that; and have done it more times than I can count. This song is not that style of writing.

To me pretty much everything about this song is you going in a direction that is different. The entire song sounds new. That being said, it also sounds like you've been writing this way for years.

With this style, trying to say a lot without the lyrics doing it can be a challenge. Then it turns more to interplay of phrasing with every element. It relies MUCH more heavily on orchestration and arrangement in a way that really builds. That argument could be made for many genres of music; but to this is essential. It's not only building instrumentation for the sake of adding emotion to a song. It focuses much more on keeping the ear interested as well. However, you don't want it to be distracting. It shouldn't take you out of the song.

All of that being covered (like you didn't know it) brings me to the finer points :

Your vocal fits this perfectly. There's some great emotion to your singing. It's haunting, which I love.

The interplay between the vocal melody and guitar parts are fantastic! There is a groove that's established that compliments and supports the vocal as though it were written specifically for this song.

The picked the perfect real band styles to make it sound real. By no means does this sound like it's out of the box.

Those drums are placed and chosen so well that I sat here thinking "Yeah. That's how it's done." Looking forward to every fill. The entire time thinking it was just a really well played part. Great choice. The sound of the drums was excellent as well.

The shaker, the organ, every part building to keep interest and bring the song forward until the final few measures. What a great way to bring it back down to the essence without it just having a blunt ending. The release was a truly great choice in my book.

Man, I could go on and on; but at the heart of it I am really drawn to this song. I love the mood. I love the groove. I wouldn't change a thing. Ok, I would maybe lower the shaker slightly when it first comes in. That would change nothing; but at least it's not all compliments all the time. wink

Thank you for not only sharing this; but writing this. Is a new direction that I'm really liking. The cool thing is; there's room for the new creations along with the others. I hope you had fun with it!

(Spoken into my phone, so I'm positive there will be errors. Just had to post something about this great song.)

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.