Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Originally Posted By: TexasHeartRush
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Great video from start to finish. Enjoyed this a lot.
Charlie, hey buddy, how's that 59' golden voice boat anchor! laugh Sail on!! Hope you are doing well! Thank you for the good words, I appreciate it!

RG

Here's an update on the Gibson Double neck...

Realizing the Provenance of the guitar is greater than just it's value to our family because no one in our immediate family beyond my brother and myself ever knew our mother, and no one in our family beyond my brother or myself play guitar, and finally the fact the guitar was up for some maintenance, I sold the guitar to a museum late last year.

I was able to do research and interviews with older, distant family friends and relatives and secure photos and stories to provide the museum so that the provenance of the guitar and the guitar itself will now last for generations. The history of the guitar intact.

The museum's assessment, inspection and evaluation of the guitar was an amazing experience. They flew a luthier/curator in from NYC to Myrtle Beach, I picked him up and we went to a nearby music store I do a lot of business with and they provided us a room for the inspection. 3+ hours -- and not only was the gentleman involved but using his iPhone, he discussed and sent photos back to NYC where 5 others participated in the evaluation.

Interesting fact I learned from the museum's research into the guitar is that it isn't a 1959 model but was made in 1957. It is also the actual guitar used in the sales catalog that had survived and was always kept in the guitar case over the years.

The guitar has a permanent home in Chattanooga, TN at Songbirds Museum. I didn't know it at the time but they have actively been accumulating as many of the original 46 double neck guitars as possible. So it was quite a catch for them.

One of the things they do at Songbird is allow celebrity and world class musicians to do concerts at the museum using vintage guitars from their collection. So, old Betsy will likely feel the excitement of a stage again sometime in her future.

There's an interesting side note about that $250,000 guitar for sale on Reverb.com you put me on to that I'll save for another day... Suffice it to say the head curator was well aware of that guitar.

Have a good one,

Charlie, that is fantastic! What a cool update to the story. And yes sir I love SongBirds, its a unique and amazing place! I can think of no better place for beautiful guitar! It's worth celebrating! Cheers bud! RG