I'm a newbie when it comes to this stuff but I would like to get some informed suggestion from the experienced users.

I have a very simple setup but would like to improve its sound quality and usability (without breaking the bank). Currently I have BiaB running on a Dell laptop with the output going to an old set of Altec Lansing external computer speakers. I also have an RD800 Digital Piano connected to a set of Yamaha HS8 studio monitors. I use BiaB to create practice tracks to accompany myself and work on my piano skills. The sound quality of the piano is fine through the Yamaha speakers, but in general the sound output from my computer is lacking. This goes for BiaB and just about anything which originates on the PC.

So my question is this: Would it make sense to route the output of the computer to my Yamaha speakers so both my piano and computer are using the same monitors? If so, what is a good way to do this and improve the sound quality and usability of my setup.

Also, I don't know if this is practical, or useful, but I was wondering if it would be good to have the capability to connect other devices to my system like an iPad, iPhone, ZOOM recorder, etc.

I would also like to be able to bypass the speakers and just listen BiaB and my piano through a set of headphones. That way I can practice quietly without disturbing anyone.

I don't know if this is correct solution, but I'm envisioning a way to route all of my sound sources into a single device and then take that output and pass it to the studio monitors and/or headphones (or whatever output is appropriate).

You can probably tell that I'm ignorant about this, so any suggestions on hardware/software, etc. will be appreciated. I stopped at a music store yesterday and looked at a couple of items recommended by the sales person but I'm not sure if they even fit my needs. They were the PreSonus AUDIOBOX USB 96, and the ALESIS MULTIMIX4 USBFX.

Thanks in advance for any advice.