David - First of all - I really enjoyed that song, and the lyrics are very well done and share the quality of being relevant and speaking a truth, which is an of element of many great songs. Musically, I really like the way the song just jumps right in and hits you with a nice hook and chorus right off the start - no waiting around for that big moment that never arrives with some songs smile. So overall, well done and very enjoyable, and quite catchy, and for me a chance to gain just a bit of insight into the political climate there in the UK.

Now, if you're looking for small things to improve, I can offer a couple, and I'm totally willing to take it as well as dish it out. The horns might be toned down or softened just a bit - I felt they were just a bit too forward. The vocals sounded good to me - I think the effect is a good one and keeps the vocals nice and round but defined, and they suited the tune just right. One last thing I would offer is that you could mix things up a bit more throughout the song by changing up the BIAB tracks in certain bars, or even adding some little flourishes here and there with drums or cymbals or the like - just very subtle. Now that's easy for me to say but I'm new to BIAB and I don't yet have a good handle on those techniques but I'm sure that others can offer some insight and you probably need a chance to dive into that as well.

Last thing - a general comment - I've found that when creating music, for me its better to just try all sorts of crazy things and make a ton of mistakes along the way rather than to try to methodically create something. I often end up throwing out a lot of junk, but every so often I stumble across a phrase or sound that I had never expected, and those are often the best. Everyone has to find the approach that works best for them, so keep on creating and having fun!

Ed Z

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts