Originally Posted By: EdZ314
David - First of all - I really enjoyed that song, and the lyrics are very well done and share the quality of being relevant and speaking a truth, which is an of element of many great songs. Musically, I really like the way the song just jumps right in and hits you with a nice hook and chorus right off the start - no waiting around for that big moment that never arrives with some songs smile. So overall, well done and very enjoyable, and quite catchy, and for me a chance to gain just a bit of insight into the political climate there in the UK.

Now, if you're looking for small things to improve, I can offer a couple, and I'm totally willing to take it as well as dish it out. The horns might be toned down or softened just a bit - I felt they were just a bit too forward. The vocals sounded good to me - I think the effect is a good one and keeps the vocals nice and round but defined, and they suited the tune just right. One last thing I would offer is that you could mix things up a bit more throughout the song by changing up the BIAB tracks in certain bars, or even adding some little flourishes here and there with drums or cymbals or the like - just very subtle. Now that's easy for me to say but I'm new to BIAB and I don't yet have a good handle on those techniques but I'm sure that others can offer some insight and you probably need a chance to dive into that as well.

Last thing - a general comment - I've found that when creating music, for me its better to just try all sorts of crazy things and make a ton of mistakes along the way rather than to try to methodically create something. I often end up throwing out a lot of junk, but every so often I stumble across a phrase or sound that I had never expected, and those are often the best. Everyone has to find the approach that works best for them, so keep on creating and having fun!

Thanks Ed, really appreciate your comments. I must admit to be being very proud of the lyric - now included in an earlier reply.

When you say "changing up the BIAB tracks in certain bars" I take it that means changing the styles. I have only really scraped the surface of what BIAB can do, so much to learn but so much fun to be had!

My BIAB Songs

BIAB 2021 PlusPAK, Reaper, W10