Hopefully I can phrase this question properly. Sorry if I get some of the terminology wrong.

My question is this: I have BiaB running on a Dell laptop and I also have a Roland digital piano (RD-800). Is there a way I can utilize my digital piano to improve the sounds (MIDI?) being produced by BiaB.

Here is the OLD way I had things configured in the MIDI/Audio Driver settings before trying to use the Roland (underlined items are my old choices):

MIDI Input Driver: No Midi/Sound input
MIDI Output Driver: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
Synthesizer / Sound Card: General MIDI Instrument Misc
Use VSTi/DXi Synth [checked]
Route MIDI Thru to MIDI driver [checked]
DXi Synth Settings [VSTSynthFont64] is selected
GM2 Support (128 Extra Patches) [No GM2 Support - 128 patches only] is selected
Audio Settings...[WAS always] is selected

Those settings seemed to work OK, but now I'm trying to see if I can somehow use the RD-800 to improve the quality. I have enabled USB on my keyboard and it is connected to the computer. The Roland drivers were automatically installed. Here are the new items that appear as choices in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog box.

Under MIDI Input Driver I have:
Roland RD
Roland RD MIDI IN

Under MIDI Output Driver I have:
Roland RD
Roland RD MIDI OUT 1
Roland RD MIDI OUT 2

I'm not sure why there are multiple Roland driver choices, but that's another question.

Anyway, given what I've described above is it possible to configure BiaB to use the sounds on my RD-800, which I'm thinking might sound better than what I'm getting with my current setup? Hope this isn't a totally stupid question. If it is possible, then what choices should be made in the MIDI/Audio Setup? I've tried various combinations of selections to no avail. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the Roland drivers, but so far nothing has seemed to work. I'm thinking that if I have things setup correctly the output of BiaB would be routed into my RD-800 and I'd be hearing it through the Studio monitors to which the piano is connected. Or at the very least the MIDI sounds would be improved. So far regardless of my choices BiaB continues to play through my laptop speakers and as far as I can tell sounds the same as it did with my old settings. Selecting various combinations of the Roland drivers doesn't seem to make any difference. Occasionally, depending on my choices, I may get no sound, but so far nothing has worked as I was expecting.

If you've come this far thanks for reading this lengthy post. It may be a dumb question, but thanks in advance for any insight.

Last edited by KLB; 12/18/19 04:36 AM.