Rustyspoon the more I think about what you call modular design the more I see what you are saying. I would support that, as long as it is simple and easy to use. I would hate it if many of the tools were so hidden I couldn’t find them with out a search warrant.

I do like videotracks GUI idea. It is simple and effective. Clean and neat.

One sad thing to me is here we are in the 2nd year of development and the plugin, thanks JJJ and Pipeline for this by the way. But here we are and it is still lacking some basic features needed When JJJ first wanted this I thought it might be a bad idea, for the same reasons that BiaB still has issue from the past.

Let me explain why I have resisted many of you guys ideas for major change. It is not because I think the ideas don’t have merit. Basically it is history of the DAWs I have used. My first full featured DAW was cakewalk music creator 1 then 2, 3, 5 they were decent. Then 1 upgraded to Sonar X1 thru those years I watch the users beg, fight, fuss, clamor for constant change to fit their viewpoint. It was always “ if it had this feature or that feature” or “if it looked or functioned like this program or that one” year after year and with each release the program became more and more bloated and buggy. So that I moved on as did many others.

With the Sonar X series one big grip was they wanted it to look different, so it did, then the fussing began about how many didn’t like it, and couldn’t find anything. Begging please for more changes. I would hate to see BiaB go down that rabbit hole, especially since it it a Faaaaaaaaar more complicated program than Sonar was/is. So I urge Simplicity and caution be careful what you ask for.

With that said I hope PGM does move toward simplifying the GUI going forward, and does fix the nagging old issues before adding any new features.

To me after listening to each user in this thread the focus should be

1. Fix bugs and limitations from the past. Redesign the GUI but carefully not radically.

2. Complete a fully working VSTi plugin (it is sooooo close)
255 bar limit, RC working, better visual on Solo/mute, no demo button,
Complete holds, shots, etc. make it read all .sgu/mgu file correctly
(Pipeline’s ideas) anything else can be for version 3

3. Focus on adding to and diversify the RT/RD development
The addition of Real Charts to RDs is brilliant and should be continued vigorously. This is a way to give those who want to mix multitrack drums the option I personally like that.

I don’t agree with completely suspending RB/PT dev. Stick Jeff Y in a back Room and let him roll up his sleeves and dig in. Start from scratch, leave the current programs as is for those who use them daily like silvertones. But to create a new modern DAW. I would love to see PT become a profit maker.

I want to thanks all who participated in this excellent discussion.

Last edited by Rob Helms; 12/24/19 03:45 AM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.