Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
What got me tripped is that in my understanding, when BIAB is "generating" the track the outcome is not predictable, until it is fully generated. So how can ARA "see" something that is not yet born?

Good question and I don't have an exact answer but parts of the Biab song is known before generation like tempo, time sig or multiple time sigs, chords, the overall song layout, number of total bars, mixer settings and probably more. What is not known is the exact notes until it is generated so yes, Melodyne correction would have to wait.

I suspect the things that are known and can be read from the Biab plugin immediately is enough to allow ARA to set the whole song up meaning it's already synced up with a tempo map, key sigs and the other stuff before the song is generated. Pipeline wrote quite a bit about that in his posts in other threads and I can't remember it all but I think I'm close. He will probably chime in to clarify it.

The fundamental question remains, can the plugin be made to work with ARA? Since it is a working VST I would think it should but what do I know?

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.