Originally Posted By: Sergino
since my post pointing on ARA, I'm reading a lot of other posts regarding mainly Melodyne. I didn't want to focus on ARA as a link between BIAB and Melodyne, but as a link between BIAB and any DAW supporting ARA.

Exactly that is why I mentioned the Synchro Arts VocALign which uses ARA in Studio One as well. The thing is a DAW that supports ARA allows more time for the plugin to edit in realtime and play the results in sync instantly. This was not possible before ARA with programs such as the two mentioned programs.

With ARA 2, the exchange of information between DAWs and plug-ins is more comprehensive, which makes additional applications possible. The new ARA 2 specification allows the simultaneous editing of multiple tracks, the transfer of chord track information between the DAW and the plug-in, seamless clip borders that make the manual setting of crossfades superfluous, Undo interlocking with the DAW, and more. The features then become available depend upon the specific plug-in and DAW.

BIAB 2024 Ultrapack- Studio One Pro 6.5 Windows 10