Late on this one-
Lawd Have Mercy!!!! That's what I'm taking about! Oh yeah!!!! Awesome!! The Christmas fire is still burning hot in them pines. LOL! Wow, you`ve mixed sexy with Christmas and made it rock! Bluesy Sexy and Down & Dirty And very traditional. Ahem - nice sexy voice there Janice! Yes indeed it works for me! Janice, you sound to be having SO much fun there! Incredible bit of vocalising with absolutely superb improvisation, but yet always still in control. Great vocals that add just a enough spice to the lyrics. A great voice for blues! Great production, and OF COURSE, GREAT VOCAL!! I still say Janice sounds a lot like Susan Tedechi ... and that ain't a bad thing. What a great riff on the ending! Girl you can Sang!!! It's easy to hear influences of older blues singers and it's easy to imagine that you both have been studying ,listening to and absorbing the blues genre for a long time. The mix sounds great as usual. The four real tracks are not directly related to each other but work spectacularly well together. The bass is killer. The harmonica is a brilliant touch to the vibe, Very rockin! Great job! Very good stuff as usual.
Is this too cool, or what? I say "too cool"! I love 12 bar shuffle blues ...one of my very favorite song styles. This ain't your daddy's bluegrass. Blues Piano is also nice. Love the rhythm of this song. You guys are so versatile. Really enjoyed this and loved the walking bass rhythm. Fantastic blues, very talented people. It's so great you can put this together. Excellent production and performance.
The minute Janice started singing, it sounded like home base! My first impression was "This style sits with Janice's voice and Bud's engineering as comfortable as an old and favourite shoe". Everything rings with authenticity and polish. I really enjoyed just sitting back in my chair, admiring the talent on show and listening... first class music. A fun song and outstanding mix and vocal. This should be playing at the mall. Don't forget to leave a note for Santa containing the link along with his milk and cookies so he can use bluetooth to stream it in his sleigh. What a fun track! Instant Christmas Classic! Great Christmas pick-me-up! Terrific!
As I commented on soundcloud the vocal is terrific!! Anyone should enjoy this one
Though Santa has already appeared and gone for the previous year I must say that this was just a wonderful little bluestyped tune that was so delicately sung, orchestrated and mixed
Now that's the sort of Christmas song I DO like. Thanks for livening up the season. Gonna add it to my fav Christmas song list. One for the annual Christmas playlist.
That's good fun. Two thumbs up!
Merry Christmas to you both from Japan!

**Full disclosure. Since you reposted this song from 3 years ago, I was unable to repost my own comments from that same time. I had not been commenting much at that time. I feel I did the next best thing. I took pieces from every response from 3 years ago and reposted those as a substitute. wink
Seriously great song, performance and production. No shocker on any of those for me coming from you. I listened to this no fewer than 30 times while driving since you posted it. This truly does belong in a movie or tv show. Seriously, loved it!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.