My take on EDM and loop based music is that I see no point in PGmusic creating loops. Why? Because out there are many companies that sell sample packs for a very long time. And recently a few big players have started doing business with a subscription model.

So IMHO there isn't much to win for PGmusic with original content. OTOH making it easier to integrate loops is another thing. Yet another is having useful means to add a drum groove based on one-shot samples. Basically all that is missing is a sample player pre-configured to react on MIDI GM-2 notes. Perhaps an integratipon with Spice et al makes sense [1].

But to be honest, I don't think any EDM producer will consider BiaB unless he or she already knows their craft and seek for a way to break away from reusing samples, but get a jazzy piano riff or a short sax solo, etc tailored for their song.

And sad but true the whole UI is probably turning away lots of middle-ages users. It will IMHO turn away 99,99% of all youngsters out there. Personally I don't freak out because of it (old-fashioned graphic design but ok to use), but I'm a huge fan of a stream-lined consistent UI and BiaB is lacking in that regard all over the place. All of the dialogs are a mess! In contrast to what Rustyspoon wrote they have no appeal whatever. I grant that the veterans have lived with them perhaps for decades now and don't mind.

The only chance for this audience is a decent DAW integration with the plugin or a completely new UI for BiaB.

Masi

PS: A friend of mine who is in his fifties has started to play sax a couple of years ago. In terms of his taste (Jazz) and needs BiaB would be great for him. But he's not computery savvy, so I cannot recommend BiaB for him. He would be completely lost. The plugin wouldn't be of much help either. Only chance would be a version as if developed by Apple wink

[1] https://theedmguide.com/best-splice-sounds-alternatives

Band-in-a-Box, BiaB-plugin, Reaper, Win10 64bit, i7-8565U, 24GB RAM (always latest versions)