I have to second hooktheory. I know it's been brought up here a few times, but it's always good to bring it up again. It's more than just giving you chords to a song. It's MUCH more interactive than that.

You can type in a melody and QUICKLY audition chords. It even has a "magic chord" feature that will allow you to see and audition possibilities you may not have thought of.

It also has another section where you can pick a chord and it will tell you a good number of chords that you could go to from that chord WITH percentages of songs in their data base that go to those chords. You can actually see by percentage that say 82% when to this chord, and 8% went to this chord, and 2% went to this chord...and on and on for EACH chord in the sequence. By that, I mean, you click your chord, get the suggestions, pick on, and it does the percentages for the chords from that chord next. Pretty wild!

I've used it for years now, and love the inspiration it can give.

The only thing I don't care for is, they boast a high number of tabs for songs. When they first started, these were complete songs. I think to fill songs faster they allowed for members to post tabs. As a result, there are many incomplete songs containing, only a chorus, or verse...or even just the start of a song. Bummer. Maybe that will change in time.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
CT Capture.JPG (105.88 KB, 40 downloads)

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.