Originally Posted By: Masi

But I don't think that you can make a serious production with the drums (you need multi-tracks for that) and guitars without DI tracks.
Masi

I disagree regarding RealDrums - it's an absolute pain in the backside to get the stereo file right but it can be done as evidenced in this track...
https://soundcloud.com/rayc/mst-construction-paper-heart-pygmy-beat
The drums took quite an effort to pull off but I think they sound right for the track.
Multitrack options would be fabulous but I know from experience that mixing multi tracked drums is about the hardest task when mixing a song - the awful results that usually come with Easydrummer etc as also testament to this.
The guitars - I completely agree - most of the rock ones are over processed, (& often over played). DI files, or at least files with no pedals, unless indicated, and a clear indication of amp type and mic placement as well as nomenclature indicating type of guitar would be useful. I don't use RT guitars as I can always find a guitar player or do them myself and I'm not a fan of amp sims - no matter how expensive and GUI overdosed they are.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe