Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
[quote=Rustyspoon#]Before this year's release I suggested that I'd be more than happy to just see a handful of existing issues resolved, and in response got questioned on 'how would that bring in new customers?'

This is is a very simple-minded approach. Fixing bugs will make existing customers who will recommend it to others. This will make the chance higher for people becoming new customers.

I doubt that anyone who is not already a customers cares about how many styles or real tracks have been added. They may be convinced to buy a particular new version if some new feature has been added that is of use to them. But only if there has been at least some interest in previous versions.

Currently I think what may puts off people is the horrible old-fashioned UI, the quirky dialog boxes, etc. It makes the impressions that the company doesn't really care for the product (which I know isn't true at all). I hated to the look and feel when I first so the product and still hate is to this day. The only reason I bought it was that I knew I shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I can do with the looks, but the usability of some areas of BiaB is IMHO still sub-par. Possibly not changed because of lak of interest or not to annoy long-time users who no the quirks inside-out.

Masi

Band-in-a-Box, BiaB-plugin, Reaper, Win10 64bit, i7-8565U, 24GB RAM (always latest versions)