I posted this in the plugin forum but I think it is valid here.

I realize the plugin is not top priority here. The core or flagship product Band in a Box is. However I feel after two development cycles the plugin should at the very minimum be higher on the food chain. It still has several areas where it needs attention in order for the plugin to be truly useable.

1. Render or sync to Tempo
2. Render Flat
3. Render Dry
4. Render Center pan
5. MIDI Drums not matching to Real Drums (in Studio One)
7. Bar settings (change style is not changing style)

Let’s just be real for a minute. No one thinks that BiaB is not the flagship here but to keep the plug in as an add on is being very short sited. There are so many more DAW users out there compared to those that use BiaB that it is silly not to focus on this product. BiaB is feature rich, and most users never scratch the surface. If it never received another single new feature it would be a fine product. For now just fix the dozen old bugs people have been asking about for years. Focus your attention on this plugin and attract the tens of thousands of young DAW users who will never use BiaB, but would love to have a ripping cool plugin to pound out track bases for song creation.

I think this product is key to the future of PGM, and in fact BiaB as a whole.

If you think I’m wrong imagine this. If PGM had not created RTs and RDs how many would still use it, and how many new users would have bought it. I can tell you I would not have updated it faithfully like I have if not for real tracks!

Peter, The plugin is your new RTs, another breath of life into your company for the future.

My reason to post this not to slow down BiaB, but to point out that getting the plugin done to its original mission, that of a source of adding basic tracks into a DAW of choice. It is close now but needs a few things. Finish the mission and break it out into its own program a VSTi (or other format) plugin for sale to the masses. Bundle it with all rock RTs, or all Jazz RTs, or all Country RTs, etc.

Doing this give PGM a direct route into the millions of DAW users that would never dive into BiaB proper. Allowing revenue to flow in to do as others want and take a breath and modernize BiaB.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.