Part 2 of 2

TC HELICON HARMONY(cont'd)

7. After you select the top options, you'll be taken the screen on IMAGE 3 below. Set it as I've shown.

Notice that Audio is track #8 and that the first empty track on which to write the first harmony track is #10. For this reason, I chose "11" as my first harmony track (#5 on IMAGE 3)

8. Click OK

9. When you get to the next screen (IMAGE 4), set it as I've shown.

What to look at...

• I've turned down the volume of the input track 8 to zero (#1)
  • #2 shows which setting refers to Harmony Down and which refers to Harmony Up.
  • I've left the volume settings where they were. If you want to make volumes louder, slide these upwards.
  • #4 I've set the "Harmony Down" to sound a little more masculine (the 'M' setting)
  • #5 I've set the "Harmony Up" to be a little more feminine (the 'F' setting)
  • #6 I've added a natural vibrato to "Harmony Up"

10. Leave everything else as is and click on "Generate" on the right side of the dialogue box. IMAGE 5 shows the harmony tracks written to Realband tracks 11 and 12.

After I played around with volume levels -- I raised all the MIDI volumes and lowered the Audio track volume a little...you'll find mp3 files of my results at the end of the post.

• NOTE: I only used Coyote WT to play the MIDI backing. With either Realtracks or a superior soft synth the mp3 files would sound much better.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
harmoniser TC Helicon 2020.jpg (196.32 KB, 145 downloads)
IMAGE 3... First settings screen for TC Helicon. This tells the TCH what to do.
harmoniser TC Helicon (2) 2020.jpg (163.69 KB, 143 downloads)
harmoniser TC Helicon (3) 2020.jpg (190.05 KB, 143 downloads)
IMAGE 5... generated harmony is on Realband tracks 11 and 12
Listen_no_harmony.mp3 (1.86 MB, 8 downloads)
Listen_with_harmony.mp3 (1.86 MB, 23 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024