@rayc: Thank for the listen and for your feedback. For some reason my system doesn't present the kick that way. This is RD info from the style memo:
RD: PopRock16ths^04-a:Sidestick, HiHat, b:Snare, Ride :Shannon Forrest.
Agree maybe the kick has a little more power than it needs for this song. Just not hearing the dull rim shot on my end. Cheers!

@Ghostgum: Thank you, sir, for your comments. Most of my song ideas come from life experiences. My boys inspired the lyrics at the beginning, and now I'm at the end of the teen years moving toward an empty nest. So I'm living the middle of the song. I could only imagine the end-of-life lyrics and am not anxious for them to come anytime soon. smile

@Birchwood: Hans, thanks for your thoughtful feedback. I wrestled a bit with the song...lot's of reduncy in the main lyric and even the chord progression. There really isn't a bridge or anything. I sometimes will modulate to a higher key at some point if a song has a chronology in order to keep it interesting and help portray passage of time. However in this case, I decided to use the acoustic lead guitar and sax to help maintain interest then introduced harmony in the next to last verse. My reason for saving the string quartet to the end was to emphasize the melancholy mood in the verse that signifies our eventual separation with family when we pass on. The song almost turned out a bit more sad than I'd intended.

@floyd jane: Thanks, fj, appreciate your comments.

@Deryk - PG Music: Thank you. I have to hand it to PG Music. Awesome product.

@Ezekiel's Storm: Thanks for listening and providing feedback. Much appreciated.

@CaptainMoto: Yes sir, see my note to Ghostgum. Thank you for taking the time to listen and provide feedback.

@BlueAttitude: Hi Dave, thanks for the comments. I'm not yet a grandfather, so I could only imagine that 5th verse. I'm living the late teen years with my two sons. It's been quite a ride so far...cheers!

@jannesan: Hi Janne, appreciate your feedback, especially on the vox effects. Still so much to learn.

@Noel96: Hi Noel, thanks for your feedback. It's encouraging to know I'm making progress with songwriting, use of BiaB, and my DAW tools. Truth be told I don't like my voice very much for lead vocals. It's ok buried in a band performance as a harmony, but there's something about the timber and other qualities that bug me. My dad had a golden voice but I didn't inherit that gene. smile

@Jim: Hi Jim, thank you for listening and providing feedback. Fatherhood has been a wonderful journey so far. It's true my 6 year old taught me to play again. An epiphany, I realized what was most important. It was being there in my sons' lives and relishing every moment I could. Cheers!