Hi y’all,

I’m really lagging behind - not only with listening to all those new songs here (am I the only one who has the feeling that the number of new songs is increasing exponentially?), but also with my own songs:: Got three new videos ‘in the making’, but none of them is ready for the roll-ouit by now..

So for the time being I’m going to post something a bit different from my usual stuff today - here’s the back story:

Last summer my brother sent me an mp3 file with just a melody he had sung, some funny German lyrics, no harmonies, just some very raw singing. He wanted to give this song as a birthday present to his girl friend and asked me if I could make an arrangement / backing track for it.

Well, of course I was excited to do this, we had a nice collab, recorded his vocal, and the birthday present was a huge success.

Because I liked the song I thought I should try to translate his lyrics into English sticking as closely as possible to the original wording and then recorded it myself using the arrangemt I had put together with BIAB, changing the melody a bit.

This production was never meant to see any public light, so I already kept the first or second track - TommyC would say; ‘Just foolin’ around.’ Since I can’t’t even find the original RealBand file anymore, Maha couldn’t work on my vocals and had to make do with an almost forgotten wave file that she did some mastering on today.

So just take it as it is, please: no big thing, but it was fun to work on something very different from my own songs.

MAGPIE

Take care,

Stefan

Technical data:

Style is _GRVYPNO.STY (Groovy Piano Pop )

RealTracks in style: ~684:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 2046:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment CountryPopJohn Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 691:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
RealTracks in style: ~686:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 120
RealDrums in style: JazzFunkGroovin^1-a:HHSdStk, b:HHSnr
Added: RealTrack ~143:7Piano, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110

Added: RT2534:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, HeldChords
Added: RT408:Guitar, Resonator, Background Allis Ev 120
Added: RT669:Guitar, Slide, Background EasySouthern Ev 120

Unfortunately I can’t trace which alto sax soloist track I used for the sax parts - sorry.

I used BIAB and RealBand for the backing track, Maha did all the sound work using RealBand with PGMusic dynamics, PGMusic reverb and the EasyQ parametric EQ pluig-in. Mastered it in Ozone 8.

Last edited by Crossroads; 02/11/20 05:40 AM.