Originally Posted By: LtKojak
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
where RB/PTPA fit in the DAW landscape

Rob, BIAB is NOT a DAW. Never has been, never will be.

The way of the future, as I see it, is to better develop BIAB as a plug-in, teaming up with Cakewalk by BandLab, Presonus Studio One and Reaper, maybe adding/developing features exclusive to each one's workflows of those three.

Presonus' Studio One would make more sense, as they already have the "Chord Track" feature, which could be developed further to blend with BIAB's Real Track and Styles features, turning it into the most advanced DAW/Composing/Songwriting combo on the market, in which BIAB VST could be offered as an paying add-on for the Prime (free) version, the Artist (limited)version and the Pro (full-fledged) version, making it compatible with their new add-on business model.

I note you totally excluded the major DAWs Cubase and Logic. Nor Digital Performer. Cubase in particular has chord track features and what better than to be able to match it up with parts from BIAB via the plugin?.

So when it comes to teaming up - Steinberg would make a lot of sense.

The three *old* mainstream DAWs are also used extensively by composers working for tv, media, games and film - and to have a tool which offers instant session musicians will help a lot of those dudes get work out the door when fast turnaround is required. Whether for mockups or final versions.

Big Sur, Mac Mini i7 2018, 64GB RAM 2TB SSD
Yamaha PSR SX 900, Cubase, Ableton, UNIFY, OPUS ORCHESTRATOR, MASCHINE, Vienna Ensemble Pro ,Audiofuse, L6 HELI, KOMPLETE, Komplete Kontrol 88
Lockdown beard, podgy face, beer belly, bald patch ... yadda yadda