Hi Everyone!

A month or so ago after one of MS's Windows 10 updates, I noticed that my MIDI controller keyboard wouldn't work anymore. When I plugged it into the computer, all the normal lights and setting numbers came up, but when trying to play a song using the keyboard in Reaper or BB with a VSTi synth voice, it didn't show any MIDI communication at all. Usually with Reaper, you can see an orange line next to the level meter to show you it's getting the MIDI note on, note off. But not now.

I looked online and some people said to get the Korg MIDI setup utility and it would allow you to see how many MIDI devices were available. I did so and it showed a MIDI device on 1 and 10 but nothing in between... apparently Win 10 won't let you go over 10, but I don't really have 10... just 2 that I can see anyway. Any ideas on how to get Windows 10 Pro to work correctly?

BTW, I have 2 other computers running Windows 10, and they both work fine. But my BIAB and Reaper is on the one giving me troubles.

My computer is a 8 core, 16 GB, 200 GB SSD, 1 TB hard drive. Got this computer especially for BIAB 2019 when I was having problems with it. It still works great for everything EXCEPT MIDI... and it doesn't matter whether it's a USB MIDI connection or the MIDI ports on my audio interface. It just plain don't speak MIDI no mo.

Any ideas greatly appreciated! Sorry for the long post.

Jim

BIAB 2020 with Reaper 6, on an AMD 8 core CPU, 16GB RAM, 240 GB SSD and 1 TB HD. Retired and trying to make some serious music, before Arthur Ritis spoils the fun.