You Are The Day

This song started, once again, from a dream. In it, a girl with a lovely voice was singing the chorus melody (and maybe some lyrics also, can't recall) in an American Idols contest and I said to her that if I had a record company, I would sign her immediately smile Well, more than a year passed by and there was a lullaby song contest on a local forum. I looked for a gentle sounding song from my archive and found this one. I wrote the lyrics in Finnish (translating what existed from the chorus part) and used child sounding Vocaloids to sing it. It got very warm reception, so I thought it would be nice to share it with you one day. But the translation was difficult part, how to translate nursery rhyme type of alliterations etc.

And now here it is. I think I managed to capture something from the original mood I hope my English is not too clumsy, I'm just wondering how fluent text a native poet could have written... It would have been better to be sung by a child (or a girl like in my dream), but no child was available so I decided to sing it myself (with some gender modifications in the lyrics), although I used some Vocaloids in the ending part.

RealDrums: Congas

RealTracks:

Acoustic bass #1162
Cello #1856
Viola #2336
Violin #2338
Acoustic guitar Pick #1814
Horns #2291
Synth Pad #1840

MIDI:
MIDI SuperTrack #2058 (SampleTank3 - FullStrings)
Melody music box

Vocals: me and backing Vocaloids

Mixed in Adobe Audition 2020

Lyrics:

You are the dawn that wakes me up
you are the day that lasts for a lifetime
you are the summer that sings me lullabies
gives away the bride
nurtures 'til I die.

This story started from a small seed
a little lady laughs now in her cradle
the wonders of the world in blue beads
sitting snickering
the first steps of her fable
all her dauntless deeds.

You are the dawn...

A dinky doll, the plan of a pixie
a tiny tender twinkle in her dimple
a romping baby barefoot carefree
scrambles to the swing
she loves life sweet and simple
stalls and falls asleep.

You are the dawn...

Close your eyelids
slowly swinging
sleepy kid.
To the shadows of the world
slumber slumber
sister, my little girl.

----
Janne

Last edited by jannesan; 03/24/20 06:57 AM.

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube