‘Tunemonger’…

Ohhh, I LIKE this song, Be Sure and Stay (an instantly memorable title, by the way)!!! It’s a delighful, distinctive, lovely thing to listen to. It seems to combine, or blend, the kind of dreamy, heavenly, late 50’s romantic ambience of Frankie Avalon’s 1959 recording of Venus with what I initially heard as a cool, lightly exotic, percussive, ‘island’ kind of style, until I noticed that the actual Real Style you used was “Americana Folk Pop’ – go figure!!!

I could easily imagine this song featured in any of the better-produced ‘beach’ movies of the 60’s, such as Where The Boys Are, or Blue Hawaii. It's that evocative of what is commonly described as a 'simpler time', whenever that was laugh.
Your singer has a strikingly cool, yet simultaneously warm and sensual (what a delicously complementary contradiction!!!) vocal quality and style that embraces the lyrics as though she were singing the words she wrote in a letter to the object of her desire. I’d love to hear her sing bossa nova classics such as The Girl From Ipanema, or Aruanda, composed by Carlos Lyra & Geraldo Vandré in 1965, or a new bossa nova song written by you, even smile.

‘Mystery Lady Singer’, it’s probably a good thing you choose to remain anonymous, ‘cause I believe that just about any of the regulars on the User’s Forum (including myself, of course), would be knocking on – no, banging on – no, digging a hole under -- your door , and begging you to book a studio recording date with them.

The melody is charming, the vocal Oo’s harmony is blue-sky beautiful, and the lyrics are sweet and innocently expressive of the romantic feelings they describe. They would fit as easily in a Valentine’s Day card as they do in your song, ‘Tunemonger’. I cannot wait to listen and re-listen to this song. I don’t think I could get tired of it.

Utterly refreshed by this song production,

LOREN (a.k.a. ‘bluage’)

Last edited by bluage; 03/29/20 09:32 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".