Another Day

It's been a week since our last post, so I thought I'd post another old one. We originally posted this about 6 years ago. At the time it was a WIP. For practical purposes, it still is. We no longer have the stem tracks as this is one of the songs in the computer file that fried. All I had to work with was the "final" stereo mix-down. I did quite a bit of reshaping in Audacity that, I think, improved it somewhat.

Di was going to sing it on the redo, but her stroke got in the way of that and she has since lost so much strength she cannot sing any more ... we're hopeful that changes ... if so, it's going to be quite a while. She currently can't get out bed by herself and can only walk ten of fifteen feet before she's totally depleted of energy. I have to bathe her, dress her, do all the domestic chores, etc.

This one was a real stretch for my limited vocal range. But I managed a few of the higher register passes. Also, this is one of the last songs - there were a few afterwards but not many - on which I played my own lead guitar track. Fortunately, it's a fairly easy riff. I have Focal Dystonia which is quickly claiming my ability to control my fingers. But, that's okay ... I made a ton of money with my guitar playing for many years. So, I really have nothing to complain about.

This is written for a female vocal, such as Jennifer Nettles. But Di is, and was, incapable to singing. But we like the song so much, we decided to put it out there with my meager attempt on vocals.

Because we, mostly I (Alan), have very little time to dedicate to new projects, we hope you won't mind us re-posting a few of our early songs (2010 - 2016) or thereabouts.

I'll get back to everyone as quickly as I possible can with a listen and comment. Thanks in advance. Di and I hope all you are well and stay that way. Please be safe!!!

Also, for those confused about Di's name on the copyright credits: her previous married name was "Bowers", her legal married name is "Diana F. David". "Diana Randall" is her professional name ... Randall was the first name of her youngest son who died in a car accident.

PS: We wrote this on as a challenge to ourselves: Write and record a contemporary country ballad and make it big. I think we may have come close to achieving that. You can be the judge. I entered the lyric in larger print so it might be easier to read.

Alan & Di

Another Day

(v1)
The sky went dark
The wind stood still
You left me in the shadow of
Another lover's call
You left me here, standing on the edge
But there's no place for me to fall

Pre-Chorus
What will I do, where will I go
How could I find another, when I love you so
Perhaps I never told you, I guess I thought you knew
I'd give my life, I'd give anything for you

CHORUS
Another day of dying without you
No sun no moon, no early morning dew
Another day, of forever turning blue
Without you, there ain't no way
I can go on another day

INSTRUMENTAL

Repeat Pre-Chorus

Repeat Chorus

(c) 2012 Alan D. David, BMI / Diana Bowers

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops