Stumbled upon this thread today as I was moving midi files (chord progressions) back and forth between Reaper, Scaler, BIAB and EZKeys. This has become a recent workflow change for me as I explore different and new ways to compose my music.

I find I can drop and drag midi content between Reaper, Scaler and EZKeys. It is just wonderfully easy to do. 16 bar chord progessions made in any of these apps, edited and or played in any of the other ones. It is a joy and has opened up new thoughts for my music making.

So why is BIAB excluded from this fun. First of all, the BIAB-VST, forget about it. Ya, you can drag midi out of it, but not straight chord progressions only performance midi tracks. There are work arounds, but not worth the bother. Best to go back to the standalone BIAB where you can "output chords". But if you have done this you know the problem with it. You want only the chords track, but you get six other tracks which have to be deleted to clean up the file.

OK, back to this thread. It appears the OP and Pipeline are asking the same question, why doesn't BIAB do this better? The answer appears to be, "we are working on it". Yiieps. Oh how the mighty have fallen. cry

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper