Originally Posted By: Yendog
I constantly am astonished that there is not a vibrant forum for trading BIAB files SOMEWHERE. It's SO weird. The yahoo groups above are dead.

There's the regular same links to the same pages as always.

I'm surprised that the forums here dont have a dedicated "Trade your .sgu .mgu creations" that is more vibrant.

Also I'm sure theres some folks that are brilliant in building up a song that very much represents particular recording with voicings/hits/vibe/etc... I'm pretty good at it but I'd really imaging there would be a market for such a thing from someone who was really good and fast at it.

Basically:

"Send me the track you want reproduced in BIAB and i'll create it and send you the .sgu or .mgu"

I guarantee folks would pay for that.. but i've never seen it (ps.. I don't want this job) :-)

But I'm always shocked when i'll do a search for some very VERY well known tune and somehow NO WHERE is it out there to get... when I know theres probalby been hundreds if not thousands of people that have already built it.

Am I missing some killer forum somewhere and can someone send me the link if so? :-)

The internet use to have many websites filled with midi song interpretations. Those interpretations were deemed to be infringing on copyrights and sites were told to pay royalties, close or be sued out of existence.

Distribution of MGU or SGU song files face the same issue. It's just not worth the hassle. The websites that offer midi files pay royalties or risk being sued out of existence. Evidently there is not enough demand for Band-in-a-Box MGU or SGU song files to make creating and offering them for sale profitable.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home