Originally Posted By: Pipeline
If you have a 2 bar count off in BB and it's using bars as "cells" and joining them to emulate time signatures greater than 4/4 how would you do that with the 2 4/4 bars ? would you have to do it in midi and don't write it to the track ?

Hi Pipeline, I'm not sure if I follow, but I am trying. The count off (count-in) is not part of the bars of the song, but precedes the first bar. I think you are indicating that if the song is in a time-signature something like 5/4, it uses two bars to make up the 5 beats. Yes? The way that's achieved is a workaround, agreed.

However, separate to those workarounds, if the song starts in 5/4 time, the count-in should reflect that. Otherwise, why even have a count in at all? The absolute best thing that a wrong count-in can do is confuse the performers. And that's its best achievement. Why do a 4 beat count-in for a song that starts in 3? Huh? What?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones