Pipeline,
yes in theory what you showed works. I am on Cakewalk, but process is similar. There are numerous issues with that approach. The biggest one is that sections are simply chopped off, they will not fall smoothly into the project because they lack, what Mario above mentioned, -"zero point" cut and also any tails it might have. So at the end you still end up doing a lot of tedious work on the clips. There is more time wasted importing sections through DAW plugin and polishing ends compared to exporting complete song WAVs (with tails, etc.) and importing them to DAW

----
Charlie,
Most things I mentioned above. Other aspect, which I feel is our ongoing conversation is ergonomics / design, the A->B path smile So to make my point more clear, I suggest you download Chordpulse trial and see if you can figure it out in 5 minutes. I did. It is a tiny arranger program that came out 10 years ago. This is not to compare it with BIAB, but to clarify what I mean by good design, ergonomics, pleasant appearance, doing complex things - the easy way (for example moving entire blocks around)! I believe Jim. F. likes that program too smile So to relate to initial request and directly answer your question. Yes, what I "wish" for is doable "as is", but not intuitively, not ergonomically and will take more time and many more steps in making arrangement than the workflow I am after. When trying to give a fresh look at BIAB features that relate to this approach, I stumble on the same rakes as I did initially when I explored them first time. In my view they are not complete and not streamlined with process of assembling/arranging basic blocks.

I understand, that initial request is probably a bit vague and most importantly, features that are in place would have to be significantly modified in order to achieve this. However going back to same mantra, I feel that the only true and clear workaround is opening more mixer channels. So you keep all your BIAB tracks, bits and pieces in one place and in one BIAB project, changeable within that project.