I realize this must be such a newbie question it was probably asked and answerd in 2008 and I just cannot find it.
I am composing a few songs and I have been exploring the best styles to go with each.

However, while I understand the theory behind realtracks, I always seem to pick a style that is either not available or, at some point 3 of the 4 instruments simply stop playing. From that point on I am lost. Even saving the song before that point doesn't always return me to the base song I saved (as an example, I have a song now with 3 Bass channels, one in melody one in soloist and one in Bass. The first two are empty, but I am unable to make them go away.
Not to mention that invariably, when I go save a song I get a yellow alert sayng "Realtrack #xx is not available". Is there even a log where I can see that in the song, so should I really, really need it I can choose to buy it and not end up with the wrong set? Do I have to take screenshots?

In any case, this is what I would like to do:

1) Display and audition only the Realstyles I own. Yes, I know I can display N/A in front of the ones I don't have. I don't want to see them at all. Should I want to, I'd like the ability to display them but on a regular basis I don't want to see styles I don't own.

2) I'd like the same thing for regular styles. In fact, I am having a hard time displaying regular styles the way I was used to in BIAB 2008. I don't mind MIDI based styles. In fact, except for drums and the odd instrument, eventually I am going to record my own part in Studio One anyway.

3) Drums, realdrums… Let's say I find a style I like but I want the drums to have a bit different rhythm. How do I do that? Again, I love the sound a realdrum, but if I don't own it, it's no good to me, unless PG Music is going to start selling them A La Carte.

I totally see why PG Music puts the not owned RealStyles in among the choices. It's useful for the artist that absolutely needs to have that style and PG music gets to sell a pack.
Unfortunately, I have a budget and while my BIAB is not the bottom of the barrel, I know I am missing a lot of nice styles. Tough luck for me.

While I am on topic, I find the purchasing of add on a bit confusing. I know I can check what I have and what I am missing from the HELP menu.
Apparently I have all the Styles Disks and all the Soloist disks, except that I am constantly getting alerts that say I don't have this or that. At the very least, I'd like to understand the logic behind it.

Thank you so much.

Last edited by conticreative; 05/25/20 02:12 PM.