Hi Deej, Robert, Peter, Alan, Misha and Ezekiel,

Thanks a lot for the nice comment you gave on this Cat song. Feels good...

Deej, you mentioned the bridge-part and how the song continues after that. I must admit these parts I liked much as well. I hesitated for a while to make the drums and bass last longer (because I liked the sound of it). I skipped it, because the effect was less then what it is now.

Peter, you wrote the same as Deej, but also gave that huge compliment it's the best cat song you heard (so far). Have you noticed Misha posted a cat song as well on our forum a day ago? It was eating his sock...
Maybe you can see it as a challenge; making nice cat songs on a separate forum, like Misha suggested?

Robbert, you mentioned my observations of a cat. I have cats all my life and are very fond of these furry creatures that have one major rule: Never, no never listen to the boss, unless it's for food. You must have noticed that too. So why loving them? Masochism it must be...

Al, I'm honored you qualify this being one of my best songs. It puts my bar high in making new songs. I will do my best!

Misha, I don't use much effects on the vocals; An EQ and compressor from Native Instruments (Solid Eq, Solid Dynamics) and a reverb from Softtube (Tsar) in the recording phase and a littlebit of Supercharger from NI. And I use two vocal tracks (tweeked slightly different).
But I am experimenting now with newer EQ, Comp and Reverb (all from NI).
I think it is a nice idea we erect a cat forum, but I'm afraid it won't attract many listeners, as I notice here already. Maybe your song does better, then we have a chance ;-)

Ezekiel, you also qualified this song being one of my best. Thanks a lot for that, but I am determined to beat this!

I read Corona is coming back so stay safe!
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130