@lasvideo - It may be too late for you to see this reply, so I'll make it suitable for everyone.

I do believe there is some truth in your conclusion - I have experienced a varied response to the tracks that I've posted here, although its only been a few, and I have to admit I was initially disappointed to see other tracks getting a lot more views and comments than mine, but then after really listening carefully I thought it was pretty fair.

You're never going to get a completely even response - it will depend on the day and time you post it, how busy the forum is, how many other songs were posted around the same time. There's always going to be a preference for people who recognize certain members and know and like their work to go there first. You can't really expect to show up out of the blue and instantly get the same attention as everyone. With that said, however, there are a number of things that you can do to make your song posting more appealing and interesting - an interesting song title, some details on how you created the song and what BIAB RealTracks were used and so forth, which is outlined in the forum guidelines.

In my own experience, there was another forum (which I will not name - no need to spread negativity) which I was quite active on for months, but I really did feel like an outsider and that my songs just didn't fit in with the particular style or vibe that was prevalent. The quality of the songs and variety here is definitely greater here in my view.

Finally, I think it's always wise to look to yourself first when the reactions on a forum or other social media is not what you expected. I'm not saying that's the cause here, but I recall a discussion panel by some legendary songwriters on their experiences (one of them was David Crosby). They all pretty much agreed that early on they thought their songs were great, and the reactions they got were not great, and that they learned that, yes, their early stuff was pretty crummy (relatively). Fortunately for them, and part of the reason for their success, was that they persisted and took those reactions as a challenge to do better, and the combination of their persistence and talent paid off. Some of them actually wrote really great stuff for years, but didn't get the recognition they truly deserved until much later.

So, to sum up, I don't have an answer, but what I do believe is that this is a great forum with a lot of talented people, where you can find respectful and supportive input and also find a lot of really great music and knowledge. I also believe that if you put in time and effort to really listen, participate and show some interest in the folks here, you'll find it quite a rewarding experience.

Ed Z

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts