lasvideo,
Tom, comments come from listening and listening comes from people seeing your name and connecting with it as someone who also listens, comments, posts etc.
The forum has be VERY, very busy during the pandemic: lots of people at home and making hay while they can. I opted not to post anything new for about a month as the number of songs on offer was too high to listen through or manage. I didn't want to add to that volume.
There's also the Ying & Yang nature of any forum or the Karmic current. If one comments and listens others are more inclined to respond. Not all, not always but it's human nature.
The "rules" ask that posters indicate as much BIAB related info as they can regarding the track etc. to assist others to emulate and, in the end, to promote the product.
I did drop in on your post when it 1st arrived but the 1st sentence put me off so I decided to come back later.
Mix wise the bass, drums & organ sound like they're in a different room to the vocal, harmonica and lead. The finger picked side doesn't really drive the song...to be honest I tuned it out after a while to listen to the rest. I did find the idea of a Clapton style lead from a Jackson amusing so points for humour.
You vocals are well recorded with a minimum of sibilance, (still some that I'd treat mind you,).
I'm relatively new to the forum and don't count on folk listening but I do attempt to listen to as many posts as I can and tend to skip those folks who don't do similarly...no, not those who don't listen and comment on my stuff, but those who aren't much for the reciprocal nature of forums.
You seem to carry flint and iron with you as you approach bridges.
"Regardless, the quality of tunes I create deserves a better audience than this group is able to provide."
You may not need this forum if you can fill you cup elsewhere.
As has been sung here abouts:
Hubris is a word, that doesn't rhyme with turd but they meet in the same sh*t sandwich.

Last edited by rayc; 06/24/20 09:23 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe