@Musicstudent: never saw this video, wow... how intense is that.
I am not worthy, either, by the way. Much as I dig it. Amazing!

Jerry Coker, Mark Levine, the Berklee Books, Coltrane changes... don’t cut it, this stuff is way beyond all that.

What comes closest is the reharmonization book by Randy Felts. Though he sticks to the church modes, his theory on parallel voicings moving in unexpected ways (reharmonization using bass lines) sheds some light.

I saw a YT vid on “sounding like Robert Glasper”. It talked about unexpected resolutions (cm7-F7 resolving to Bmaj or A maj instead of Bb...), parallel voicing moving in whole steps, minor and major thirds, harmonizing a simple melody with parallel voicings.

Last, but not least, I read something on Wayne Shorter were it is said that Shorter changed the chords in unexpected ways: Bbmajor replaces Bb7 as the dominant to Ebmaj. And then he extends Bbmajor to Bblydian or lydian augmented.

If you consider bII7 (a tritone sub) and replace that chord with phrygian or lydian (augmented) it begins to make sense.

Biab, Kontakt, Sampletank and lots of nice libraries, from Fluffy audio to Abbey Road drums.
Check out these great contemporary Jazz Styles: www.jazzstylezz.com