Thank you, gentlemen, for those kind words. My own journey has me trying to apply the country voice of a native New Englander, raised on Hank Williams and schooled in steel guitar as a 10 year old on various sun belt Navy bases, to both the serious and the fun side of Christian hymns. George Jones managed to do it, but there will always be only one George Jones. You can imagine I have spent some time in the wilderness, but I'm starting to see the light.
Charles Albert Tindlay is an amazing hymnist as he was evidently a great preacher. I'm struck by his mastery of the language, not so unusual in those times, I am told. It is interesting to see the link between 18th and 19th century hymns and popular music, as it developed. Amazing Grace is classic 3/4 sixteen bar (1-1-4-1 / 1-1-5-5/repeat) arranged later, Macintosh to hold the one and swing the two and three. That's just my uneducated attempt to explain it. Hope you all know what I mean.
Anyway, with this hymn, you can see music moving toward where Thomas A. Dorsey ultimately took it, to a more popular style, based in I guess what we would call blues. While Thomas Dorsey met with initial resistance, Tindlay's imposing presence precluded that.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --