Originally Posted By: Steve350
OK I am going to try this one more time. I have the PA80 ini file on disk. I dumped it onto my desktop. Are you saying just move it right into [url=C://PT?][url=C://PT?][url=C://PT?]C://PT?[/url][/url][/url]

Yes.
Rename it to patches.ini if needed. (edit: you do)
I'm not sure which file you downloaded, and patch map files (which are in the support area) are created by users, so I'm not sure what file name you ended up with after unzipping!
If it is called patches.ini you are good to go. (edit: it's not, needs renaming)

Download it, unzip it, then rename it to patches.ini (if needed). Copy to PT folder

The only reason for a patches_old.ini is to keep a copy of your old original file so you can revert back later if there is an issue.

By renaming the existing C:\PT\patches.ini to patches_old.ini (first) then if you have a problem, you can simply:
Delete the new patches.ini
rename the patches_old.ini back to patches.ini, relaunch PT and you should be back where you started.

You really shouldn't need the patches_old file, but it's a safety net.
You could also simply move it to a different folder. The goal is to have a copy of it for a backup in case it is needed.

*Edit
OK, I just downloaded Gary Currans PA80
It ended up with a file named Korg PA-80.ini
You need to rename that to patches.ini (important)
THEN copy it to the C:\PT folder .. should work fine.

I don't have a Korg to test it on, but hopefully that is what you were looking for.
The file itself looks OK to me glancing over it.

Last edited by rharv; 07/06/20 12:20 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome