There's a terrible tendency amongst many suppliers to add new features rather than fix the ones thay already have.

I had no idea one could add channels [to the mixer] and I can't presently find out how/where one does that.

I guess the "medley ... presets" to which Charlie refers are the "[medley] ..." RealTracks, though I've been trying to individual RealTracks to assemble my own medley, as the manual and tutorial videos say I can do. Frustratingly I've assembled one, but seem unable to make a second.

It seems like the clearest way to get to that "Medley" button with the sequence of RealTracks is via the mixer channel->Select RealTracks->Select RealTracks[in song...]". Perhaps by going via the RealTracks toolbar icon, I'm inadvertently trying to asign tracks to other than soloist. FWIW, there appear to be 11 RealTracks per channel.

It does appear that one can medley any or all channels, which gives a huge amount of power provided my PC can handle the work :-)

I guess this way, I use the "render track" on this RealTracks Picker dialog and it will render just the one track. I guess I silence the melody track for the middle choruses by putting silence in those slots here.

I have plenty to think about and try out on this for the present.

One other oddity that came out of this, though probably I should raise in a new thread, was that I accidentally regenerated the melody track with a realTrack, so reimported the MIDI melody. Now I have my melody track back, but no sound for it, despite having the RealTrack player still there. If I then try to freeze the melody, via the mixer, it says thet the melody is empty and do I want to regenerate it. I've tried reselecting the RealTrack player ... no sound from that track, but perhaps that's expected; I've tried setting a MIDI patch, but still no sound from the melody. The notes are there on the notation page. Before I couls solo it and hear it, but the meter in the mixer showed nothing. This is the sixth channel on the mixer, which I believe to be the melody track, but it's rather like the melody track is somewhere else. This is clever but maddening software.

Last edited by Gordon S; 07/08/20 07:43 AM.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.