Mixed up ovelapping techniques is my guess of what's going wrong. That will not have been helped my my failure to understand that one only answers OK if one really means it. Any and all other exits should be Cancel.

I'm happy to share, though this file for me was always an MGU as I received it from a band member. It's a jazz standard: A Nightingale Sang In Berkley Square.

I've put my weird version here: https://www.gscott.me.uk/Music/BIAB/

The melody presents fairly awfully in it :-(

Is there some means to examine the content inteligently? I've looked with a text editor, but there's lots on non-printable data, so I just quite out.

I don't seem to have a "before" for this. I have another version that's clearly related but with a simple four bar intro, rather than the longer into of the one on which I'm working. They both have the intro lyrics though, so may each have been derived seperately from a common ancestor.

This second version has no intro melody and a better melody for the chorusses, so I'll likely change to it.

One puzzle for me is(was?) that this version has melodies on choruses 1, 3 and 5. Looking at the notation, I now see there are notes only in those choruses, which is yet another way to control whether or not the melody is played. I seem also to have at least one other version, though it's named differently and may be unrelated. There are no solos.

Last edited by Gordon S; 07/11/20 04:47 AM.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.