Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Admirable if not a bit foolish, haha.

How dare you :-)

Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
You're trying to do stuff with a brand new program that I wouldn't have thought of for a couple years back in the beginning.

The situation's actually worse than that, as I tried BB back in 2013 on a small notepad PC and after not too long hated it so much I just walked away. That was partly because the notepad is small and the screen was too full. Recently after a chat with a friend I decided I'd have another go with it. The trial looked manageable, so I upgraded to 2020. This time I decided to stick with it as it was usable on that same notepad, though I may get something with more power if things eventually work out as I hope. Well, after some trying with it I can see what it can do, so I bit a second bullet and bought the ultrapak, so now I'm fairly committed.

There's another reason that I walked away before, and that is that almost all my PCs are Linux based, so I didn't really want to buy another Windows PC just for BIAB. As it happens my set-up has changed a bit and I now have a mixer (Ui24R) attached to the music PC, so if I wish to, I can now feed the BIAB PC into the mixer. It's still an extra screen, though, rather than just swapping worktops in Linux, but sometimes that's a benefit as well as a nuisance, especially if using the chordsheet ot notation windows, which are pretty good.

There's also another reason I'm working through this, and that's that it may eventually feed ideas and polish back into the product. If PG can make some things easier to digest and/or separate, some more good may come out of my little struggle. I think I shouldn't really be able to fall into quite so many holes.

I should look at RealBand, but I'm feeling a bit overloaded already :-)

I'm glad the thread's proving interesting. I'd hate to be just another [redacted] idiot asking dumb questions :-)

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.