Peter, I want to thank you for engaging in this discussion. While I’ll never be using the bluegrass styles, the same concept is involved for my preferred genre, samba. You helped me understand your thinking some years ago and I appreciate that. I think it was less clear in that case whether ‘most’ used cut time; I recall you asked me for examples because it wasn’t always obvious. I’ve also seen examples where the original was notated in cut time but fake book or pop versions write it in common time.

What really helped me was the addition of time base changes to RealDrums a few years back. I requested it. Now I can make anything work and I don’t consider that too difficult or time consuming. But whatever converter you might come up with for the bluegrass styles, please keep samba in mind as well. It could save a few minutes of experimenting. Thank you again.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors