I am strongly considering picking up Melodyne 5 Editor version--at least I think that's the one. It's the second highest version, and the one where editing polyphony becomes possible. Before I sell the kids' beds, toys, and shoes, and put them on a rice and water diet for a few months, I'd like to gauge some reactions from current users.

1. How would you rate the learning curve compared to like BIAB? Are all or most user functions available by mouse? I don't mind a few hotkey options, but I was raised by mice and feel attachment.

2. What alternative scales/modes are available in the editing function (moving notes to scale positions)? This is a biggie for me, as harmonizing to different modes and scales has become my favorite thing to do musically, and I can't move melody notes by ear or "theory".

3. Sweetwater has it at a price significantly lower than listed on the Celemony sales site. Will I get the same thing if I'm using Sweetwater? It will come down to a choice between the two, as I don't want to open more accounts, etc, etc. blah, blah.

4. Does it seem to integrate well as a VST in Reaper? Work and play well with BIAB? If I run it stand-alone, will it recognize my Scarlett unit as the "sound-card"?

5. Do you feel an urge to try to talk me out of it now that you've made the splurge and regretted it?

Thank you for your kind attention.

Last edited by Tangmo; 08/07/20 05:47 AM.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground