Originally Posted By: Henry Clarke
Red Light is a fun uptempo song written with the 60s/70s RnB feel. Not a lot of uptempo RnB usually posted in the forum. Hopefully I can help with that LOL Hated the sound in YouTube. Transferred it over to Soundcloud. Be cautioned that it's mixed for cell phones and not home PC's so the vocals may sound a bit low on computer stereos. I'm working diligently to find a good tutorial on how to mix for both. So far everything I see says ignore home stereos and go for cell. There's got to be a happy medium somewhere. :-)

https://soundcloud.com/henry-clarke-133416910/red-light

The composition was written and arranged in BIAB 2020. This is the song that I used in my Tutorial "How To Get a Fuller Sound".

My Style was _SOL60S2.STY 80'S Soul No Tamborine. The original track was 112BPM with only drums, Bass, Piano and Guitar.

For this track I used - Bass, 2 sets of drums, Piano, Organ, Strings, 3 different guitars, and a Sax.

My DAW is SONAR X3 Producer, I sang All Lead vocals and Background Harmonies into my TASCAM DP32 and exported into Sonar. I get NO Latency his way. Yea, I've tried ASIO drivers. For what I do they just flat out cannot keep up. There's no substitute for a hardware based recording platform. My MIC is a SHURE PG-42.

My tracks tend to stretch the limits of PC mixing but we have what we have. Always lots of feedback on mixing whether it's too low for PC/Stereo or too HOT for Cell phones. Oh well.

Awesome tune and awesome vocals. Mixing for a cell phone? I never heard of anyone doing that. The mix sounds good on my reference monitors.

Don't know what audio interface you are using, but a lot of them have zero monitor latency. Granted you can't hear any of the DAW track effects on the track you are recording too, the vocals are dry for monitoring, but no latency.

Frank

Some tunes from me and my collaborator: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvGqM6ktMW5ltTnyit1KWPg/videos

Band-in-a-Box Ultrapak 2019, Windows 11, Reaper, Behringer u-phoria UMC404HD, Kali LP-8