Originally Posted By: Birchwood
To my shame I have to admit I hadn't heard from Lucinda Williams before you mentioned her.
So I did some homework and listened to a couple of songs from her. From times ago and more recent stuff (still 3 years ago. Actually, while I'm writing this post I am listening to "Still I long for your kiss". But before that I listen to your beautiful rendition of Lovely Lie. Now there is another one: "Something About What Happens When We Talk". Very good. I think I'm getting addicted to lucindas' songs now!

I heard a close relation between your way of singing and hers, Janice. But there is of course a difference. Your voice is much more brighter and sounding younger. But some of your songs have a lot of resemblance with hers. So I understand why you are such a big fan of her. Has she invited you to sing along with her? She has to, I think.

Nevertheless, you did a very nice one with this song, the three of you! I have enjoyed what I heard, though the lyrics have a vile message.

Thanks,
Hans

Thanks Hans. We are glad you had a chance to listen to her. Down Where The Spirit Meets The Bone and World Without Tears are two of our favorite albums of her. We appreciate you listening and writing such generous comments!

J&B